February has been a HUGE month at SOAR Fitness for myself and a number of my clients. Here are just a few of the highlights of what has been happening.
1. Olentangy Boys Lacrosse has been going very strong since the 1st of the year. Next week will be their last week of preparation and I wish them luck with their upcoming season. Also, if you need some mulch for spring yard work, I hear they are the people to see!
2. Last Wednesday, I was lucky enough to attend National Signing Day at Olentangy High School. My long time client, Andrew Horstman, signed to play football with the Air Force Academy. In addition to that, Austin Schmidt signed to play football with Illinois and two of my female basketball clients, Gina Miccinilli and Katie Heath signed with Heidleberg and Otterbein.
3. On Tuesday, I attended the National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete Awards Ceremony for the Columbus Chapter. My long time client, Jay Grote, was recognized as one of the finalists. It was great to be in the same room with many former and current Buckeye legends as well as numerous scholar athletes. Jay is a kid who has worked his ass off for 5 years and he deserves every bit of recognition he has received.
4. My longest standing trainer Ricky Crawford will be attending the NFL Regional Combine at Cleveland Browns facility this coming Sunday. Good luck to him! This also signals the beginning of my combine season so my blogging will be few and far between for the next month.
5. I just got word that SOAR Fitness will be featured on the local Channel 6 show - Out N About Columbus. I will have more information on that next week. Time for some of my clients and myself to get TV ready.
6. The end of training for most spring sports athletes will be February 24th. As always, I encourage all athletes to get their in - season lifting in to maintain the strength and power they built over the winter. More importantly, keeping up with strength and mobility work will go a long way towards keeping you healthy during the season. As for my wrestlers and basketball players, its time time to start building strength in the spring. Don't wait until the fall to start preparing for next season!
Combine prep for high school football players will also begin in March. Call 614-306-9364 for more information.